Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Brix

I often find that my most enjoyable meals are the off the cuff moments when I get a call or sms asking "do i want to catch up for a little bit?" . This was no exception while trying to kill some time before a wedding I had a great meal with Jess at The Brix. Its a ode to the old classic bistros in france with a few modern touches. The Chefs resumes read like a dream (attica,royal mail ) and their talent is definitely translated to the plate.

It was midday Saturday but the first meal of the day and after a big night so when i read the words cassouolet with egg my eyes lit up just as much as my arteries where about to be clogged up. We also ordered the Charcuterie board($26) and Jess got the Black pudding, apple cider, sorrel and duck egg($16).

A kick ass selection of duck liver parfait, pork rillette, terrine and salami served with rye and brioche. Everything was bang on and we hooved it down in about 10 mins, the stand out was the parfait though so creamy and incredibly moreish.

The Cassoulet was rich, textural and has sexy crust plus with a bit of oozy egg it was hard to go wrong.

Jess's black pudding was another perfect example of how rich animal products and oozy egg are a perfect harmony. The salad was a nice relief to heavy dish and seems to pair well other bloody products.




They offer breakfast,lunch and dinner a la carte and on Fridays & Saturdays nights and Sunday lunch offer a degustation which at $80 seems like a steal. I cant wait for round 2.


Mat


 [The Brix] Café & Bistrot on Urbanspoon


2 comments:

  1. A Fantastic range of modern and classic Glassware available at sensible prices to help create that perfect dining experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how this picture looks so delicious and I hope to cook the recipes for my family

    ReplyDelete