Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Food I have been consuming mainly from Earl Canteen

I have recently been snacking,eating & drinking all Over the place in a panicked food frenzy as we all know it's the end of the world soon yes? yes? Damn it don't disagree with me I'm
Not crazy your crazy! Now hand me those Orc legs they gotta be in the oven soon before Gandalf the grey comes over and well we all know how tough Orc can be.Though What isn't tough is the recently opened Earl Canteen's heart stopping Pork belly(otaway free range) baguette it's probably the worlds greatest sandwich actually no not probably it is the worlds greatest sandwich go on,I dare you to find a better sandwich under $15
. The soft succulent,tender meat is so juicy you may question if you just had a accident,with the most perfect crackling which has the amazing snap and crunch that ascends you to heaven and back .It Reminds me of the Sunday roast I wish my parents had the ability to cook.


Besides the perfect meat you will also be cleansed by some wilted silver beet and satisfied by the fennel-slaw,this combo works like magic and I can't think Of anything to improve it well besides maybe some freshly shaved white truffle could add a touch of extra magic. At Earl they also have a range of other amazingly mind blowing sandwiches(confit duck anyone?) as well but for a fatty pork obsessed snobby goth kid like me it's hard to Choose anything over that pork belly greatness.In fact it totally hijacked this whole post which i initially had no intention of talking about the belly baguette but once again pork has overtaken my priority's in life (don't ask me about the summer 98). So get your soon to be extra fat arses down to Earl Canteen for some snap,crackle and pop while you can still fit into your pants.


EARL Canteen on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmm crunchy pork belly. May you enjoy many more pork meals and your arse never grow fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It reminds me of the Sunday roast I wish my parents had the ability to cook." Hahahahaha classic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I can't believe I haven't been to Earl yet!
    If only they were open on a weekend too: next day, off I'm there!
    (Pork belly goodness here I come!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soft succulent,tender meat is so juicy you may question if you just had a accident,with the most perfect crackling which has the amazing snap and crunch that ascends you to heaven and back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! Listen me!!
    this looks delicious! an extra past dish recipe is always a plus!
    this really can make me wake up early next morning to enjoy such nice breakfast

    ReplyDelete